Re: [ietf-dkim] Hostile to DKIM deployment

2007-12-13 11:52:58
I don't think SSP is hostile to the DKIM deployment, but helps its
deployment because it will at least provide some avenue of protection
for domains and receivers who don't wish to get into 3rd Party Trust
Service dependencies where there is no standard definition and
absolutely no guarantee of consistent results.

By the way, speaking of trust and reputation services:

SSP does not say that my bank's domain belongs to a real bank.

SSP does not say that a criminal's domain belongs to a fake bank.

SSP does not help me decide which bank is real.

If anything requires a reputation service, then it is SSP not DKIM.
DKIM can manage just fine with a local whitelist.

I am aware that credibility on this list is inversely proportional
to the number of messages posted, and I will post corrections like
this infrequently.

        Wietse