Re: [ietf-dkim] Hostile to DKIM deployment

2007-12-14 09:34:24
Wietse Venema wrote:

What is the relevance of this for the current effort? I have nothing
against an SSP that says what mail if any a domain signs or sends.
Like many, I would use that to throw away some mail. But it would be
a mistake to position SSP as the solution for email phishing.

I agree with the above statement.  At the same time, I think it's
appropriate to consider the potential for technologies like SSP to
reduce losses due to phishing.  It isn't necessary to "solve" the
problem to produce a tangible benefit.

-Jim