Re: Issue 1527 - Threats (was Re: [ietf-dkim] Hostile to DKIM deployment)

2007-12-14 14:24:40
An essential part of such exercise is to explain why the mitigation is
strategic.  That is, why will it not be easy for attackers to work
around the SSP mechanism and achieve equivalent attack success.

Modulo look-alike domains I guess?

Depending on the threat, there's all sorts of likely workarounds.  For
example, as I noted a few days ago, many MUAs show the From: line
comment rather than the address.

I also look forward to learning what problem it is that we're trying
to solve here.

R's,
John