Re: [ietf-dkim] Tracing SSP's paradigm change

2007-12-13 15:05:21
Eric Allman wrote:

--On December 9, 2007 12:33:31 PM -0800 Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org>
wrote:

                                   After that, we look at
enhancements to the model   carefully. We seriously discuss whether
they are outside the charter   because of the effect it has on the
global email infrastructure to   turn DKIM from an opt-in protocol
to a you-must protocol. We also   seriously have to look at other
policies to discuss their   effectiveness along with their
environmental effects.

I'm not sure if you intentionally changed the topic from SSP to DKIM here. Regardless of the details of SSP, DKIM remains optional. For that matter, receivers don't need to do any scanning of their mail at all today, and that isn't going to change. I certainly hope that DKIM information will become valuable enough that most receivers will /want/ to consult it, and I hope that they will care enough about the information that senders care to provide in SSP to use that as well.

+1.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO