[ietf-dkim] Re: Tracing SSP's paradigm change

2007-12-06 18:18:07
Steve Atkins wrote:

I was referring to SSP, which is trying to be the next SPF
(and, in strict mode, is identical in functionality to a
 subset of SPF).

SSP is farer away from SPF than PRA.  SPF is about SMTP, not
not originator header fields, and it's about backscatter,
not phishing, an SPF PASS means something even it's from an
unknown stranger, an SSP PASS from unknown strangers means
nothing.  SSP and SPF are very different.  SSP and PRA might
share some functionality, with different weak spots.  PRA has
of course all weak spots of SPFs adding its own.

SSP has the "first author" when the terminology is fixed, as
Dave proposed it.  At that point I always stop thinking, the
"first author" is just too odd for my tastes - like the idea
that a mailing list could simply *replace* an existing Sender
header field.  I guess I wrote that more than often enough
here, the WG wants to try it anyway, let's see what happens.

 Frank