Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft summary of SSP functionality

2007-12-06 18:12:42
Good point, Arvel and Scott K.  I'm happy to participate in a discussion
of the Introduction, but not a separate non-deliverable.

-Jim

Arvel Hathcock wrote:
If what you say is true then we should shore up the Introduction.
Failing that, I propose that we focus working group time on working
group deliverables.  This isn't one of them.

Arvel

Dave Crocker wrote:
Folks,

If non-participants are to be asked about the potential use of SSP,
it helps to have a description of it that is concise, complete and
for which there is reasonable consensus about the content.  Simply
handing non-participants a point to the specification is useless for
all but the most technical and dedicated.

To that end, I've pulled some text from my review, as a candidate.
It's intent is not to judge SSP but to describe its salient basis and
functions. In other words, what is it, rather than is it good, bad or
broken?

Obviously I have no expectation that my writing is entirely without
judgment, so I would like to get some working group review of the
text, to see if we can agree on text that is factual and useful: