Re: [ietf-dkim] Draft summary of SSP functionality

2007-12-06 12:49:06

Michael Thomas wrote:
  I can't speak for Spamassassin, I'm not one of their developers
  and I don't know the intricacies of how they choose values. It
  appears that you're just trying to be argumentative here since
  you've seemingly dismissed the larger point that anti-spam filters
  rarely use individual pieces of information as a silver bullet.

You think it is argumentative that, for example, a protocol element that directs a recipient to Reject mail will typically be adhered to and that conforming to SSP but not adhering to that explicit request is unlikely?

This sort of heuristic approach to protocol specification and interpretation usually has a poor outcome in Internet-scale services.

d/

ps. Another question that has solidly emerged is whether you can discuss this topic without ad hominems.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking