Re: [ietf-dkim] Accidental versus malicous error

2007-12-20 14:09:09
leave it alone. It's not hard to understand their perspective though: they
thought a broken signature would look more spammy than a missing
signature. Rinse, repeat.

      Mike

Just leave it to the developers to find a way around the problem
rather than just fixing it ;-)

I am sure that we could add some "best practices" and say that if you
are maintainig a STRICT or ALL policy then this ~may~ break mailing
lists. There are plenty of products out on the market that have
nothing to do with messaging that have these same sort of issues.
"Smoking Causes Cancer", "Don't operate heavy machinery", etc. I
believe that if big enough ISP's and businesses follow the rules, the
"broken" mailers will have to fix their issues rather then the policy
makers having to find ways around their issues. Allowances are going
to have to be made and a line in the sand drawn at some point... I
just hope that it is not 6 yards offshore.
If a domain can't live with loosing a mailing list, then my suggestion
would be either fix the mailing list or don't use ALL or STRICT. Seems
simple enough to me.

Regards,
Damon Sauer