[ietf-dkim] Re: 1: 1 and assertions about third parties

2008-01-17 11:25:13
My point is that there are different sorts of assertions: those suggesting that the receiver apply more scrutiny to messages from my domain are likely to be believable even if self-asserted,

Why? I see no reason to assume this is true.

The only practical evidence we have is that Paypal has told people through informal channels that they sign everything and it's OK with them to discard unsigned mail, but we already knew they're the biggest phishing target around.

My expectation is that a large majority of domains that would publish strict SSP policies would be small mail systems with no more forgery problems than anyone else, but an exaggerated idea of their own importance. Sort of like the people who send you mail, then demand you jump through C/R hoops when you respond to it.

R's,
John