Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1521 -- Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages

2008-01-24 09:42:28
Dave Crocker:
Stephen Farrell wrote:
1521    Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages    new dkim
Nobody    0 dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net    9 days ago        9 days ago
 0

Proposal: REJECT, but some wording changes may be needed for the next
rev, thread is [4] I mainly saw opposition to the change suggested in
the issue, and little support, but some text clarifying changes were
suggested (e.g. [5]). [4]
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2007q4/008424.html [5]
http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2007q4/008467.html

Would you please explain the basis for assessing that this topic got
sufficient discussion and that there was rough consensus on it?

See above "I mainly saw..."

Summary of proposal:

All text that causes SSP to be applied to an already-signed message
needs to be removed.

I would take this further: remove all text that says when to apply
SSP.  Instead, provide text that states the contribution that SSP
can make under different conditions:  mail with valid first-party
signature, mail with valid third-party signature, and mail without
valid signature.

        Wietse