[ietf-dkim] ISSUE 1521 -- Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages

2008-01-14 10:29:09

Stephen Farrell wrote:
The attached contains our view on the current list of SSP issues [1] except
for those opened in the last week or so. (Sorry the formatting's a bit
crappy.)
Can you check that these seem ok, or comment where they don't?
1521    Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages       new     dkim
Nobody  0
dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net     9 days ago              9 days ago      0

Proposal: REJECT, but some wording changes may be needed for the next rev,
thread is [4] I mainly saw opposition to the change suggested in the issue,
and little support, but some text clarifying changes were suggested (e.g.
[5]).
[4] http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2007q4/008424.html
[5] http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2007q4/008467.html

Your reading of the archive shows rather more complete and definitive discussion than mine.

Would you please explain the basis for assessing that this topic got sufficient discussion and that there was rough consensus on it?

This is perhaps the most fundamental issue on the list, so it would be advisable that we be quite careful about its consideration and resolution.

Thanks.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker