Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1521 -- Limit the application of SSP to unsigned messages

2008-01-24 10:36:33
Dave Crocker wrote:
Summary of proposal:

All text that causes SSP to be applied to an already-signed message needs to be removed.

I would like to ask folks with an opinion about this proposal to post an explicit note stating support or opposition. Some of the existing posts were about substantive issues in the proposal, but did not clearly indicate support or opposition.

Given that this issue goes to the core of a significant fraction of the current specification's functionality and given that there is at least an implied requirement for the functionality in the SSP requirements RFC, I'll ask folks to do both a +1/-1 *and* to explain their reasons.

Before I answer this, I want to make sure that I'm clear on what the proposal is.

Please confirm that "already-signed message" means "message having a valid signature at the verifier". In other words, please confirm that invalid signatures are not being considered here.

-Jim