Re: [ietf-dkim] A proposal for restructuring SSP

2008-01-25 18:24:03
At 4:03 PM -0800 1/25/08, Jim Fenton wrote:
Eric Allman and I have been discussing a larger change to the SSP specification that we believe addresses a number of the issues that have been raised.

The biggest change is the separation of the SSP function into a "checker", that retrieves the SSP record/records relevant to a given message, and provides this information to an "adjudicator" that makes the ultimate decision on how the message should be processed at a given site. The Adjudicator combines the DKIM signature information, SSP Checker results, and any other information it cares to consult (possibly including, but not limited to, reputation, accreditation, content filtering, SPF, and Sender ID). The definition of the Adjudicator is out of scope of the SSP specification.

That could indeed bring the various parties into agreement. Maybe we (for some more inclusive value of "we") will find Peace In Our Time.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Domain Assurance Council