Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal to amend SSP draft with a reporting address (fwd)

2008-03-07 08:29:37
Dave Crocker wrote:

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Florian Sager wrote:
Thanks for this reminder, I forgot about this draft: maybe section 4.1
can be extended by s.th. like "a Reports are requested for passed
signatures inside mails with suspicious content". The same intent may
already be included in 4.2 "s ... signed and Suspicious".
Not a bad idea.  Any comments from others?

It's unrelated to the existing published information.

That doesn't mean that it is a bad idea, but it does mean that it inherently
expands the scope of the current ASP draft.

Since,

      a) reporting is a topic still being developed and is broader than this
one
idea, and

      b) ASP provides an extensible mechanism for later enhancement,

this seems like a fine topic for... later enhancement.

I'm pretty much of the same mindset, but it does beg the question
of when we're free to recharter (or not)?

                Mike