Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue #1553: note on figure in overview draft

2008-03-24 22:24:01
Dave Crocker wrote:
Jim,

Jim Fenton wrote:
I don't think that the interpretation of multiple valid signatures is
beyond the scope of this document.  The overview was created in order
to provide information on how DKIM might be used; ignoring the
multiple signature case does not serve that purpose well.

For the draft text I circulated in a message postd Sun, 23 Mar 2008
22:39:17 -0700, what changes are you suggesting.  (Or elsewhere in the
document?)

That version is quite a bit better.  I'd suggest that the block "Verify
Signature" be "Verify Signature(s)" instead.  The diagram is a bit of a
tradeoff, but I agree it needs to be.

In the notes underneath, you talk about "validating", but I don't think
I have seen that term defined anywhere.  From the context, it seems to
be authentication + assessment, but this should be more explicit.  I
also prefer the word "validation" to "validating".

Last paragraph, s/are not defined in this document/are at the discretion
of the validator./

-Jim