[ietf-dkim] New Issue: Discussion of assessments in Selector Construct section

2008-03-24 22:37:53
Section 4.3, "The Selector Construct", talks quite a bit about
identities for doing assessments.  Other than the point that it makes in
the section beginning NOTE:, none of this has anything to do with
selectors.  Furthermore, I consider it premature to define the
identity(-ies) that might be used for assessments, not having
operational experience with this (although I do agree that making
assessments based on the selector is a Bad Idea).

The last paragraph also suggests the use of different sub-domains for
d=, but does not point out that the author address must also follow
suit, otherwise the message may not be seen to be in compliance with
Signing Policy.

Specifically, I suggest the removal of all but the first sentence of
paragraph 1, and all of the last paragraph of the section.

-Jim