Re: [ietf-dkim] protecting domains that don't exist

2008-04-15 12:11:14
OTOH, the converse is likely to be relevant to quite a lot of domains,
even if it does not apply to aol.com.

Really?  Can you provide some examples of domains that use so many
subdomains for mail that it's impractical to cover the ones they use
individually?  (Not counting wildcards, we know that's a swamp.)  For
the domains I know, the mail comes from one or a handful of fixed
subdomains, and any random subdomain is bogus.

OK, please provide a list of such domains and we can special-case them.

, you can do it right now with a specialized DNS server
Yes, that look interesting. But presumably it is more or less equivalent
to doing the full tree walk and then cacheing the result (being careful to
observe TTL).

Well, no.  If you will review prior messages, this argument was about
ADSP coverage of domains that don't exist.  Covering domains that do
exist is straightforward, give or take the known wildcard problems.

R's,
John