[ietf-dkim] getting new features without updating old software (was RE: protecting domains that don't exist)

2008-04-16 10:36:20
Ned Freed wrote:

It's more like, "Help! We did such and such and now
the machine room is on fire! Help us put it out!"

They actually tell you what they where doing before the fire started?
*grin*

The thought of doing  it all by manually editing BIND zone files is
too horrible to contemplate, isn't it?

If "do not require software changes" was ever a design goal for DKIM or
ADSP, we've already failed utterly.

You can't do DKIM without upgrading (at the very least) your MTA
software.  I wasn't following the list carefully back then -- did anyone
have a problem with that upgrade?

You may not be able to gain the benefit of ADSP for some very specific
use cases (though not all!) without upgrading DNS management software
that was written for different very specific use cases -- but you can
still use DKIM, you can still use SMTP, et cetera.

--
J.D. Falk
Receiver Products

work with me!