Re: [ietf-dkim] protecting domains that don't exist

2008-04-16 07:21:20

Hi Ned,

ned+dkim(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
That said, I do have a data point to offer here.

Interesting cases. Two questions - a lot of that sounds
like stuff they did for intra-enterprise purposes that
might not be visible in the external DNS or in emails
that got sent "outside" - is that right or wrong?

I'm pretty sure the answer is both. We've seen a couple of complex domain
setups for enterprise customers like banks that I know expose none of this to
the outside world. OTOH, when an ISP does this sort of stuff I believe it is
all part of high end service and outsourcing offerings and in that case it only
makes sense if it is public.

                                Ned