Re: [ietf-dkim] Are subdomains like parent domains?

2008-04-29 08:15:11
I think I am not looking for an implicit assumption to have the same
opinion about a.b.foo.com. I am thinking of how, as a sender, can I
sign and allow (by actively providing the ability to denote good mail
signed as) foo.com or a.foo.com but prevent the use of (by actively
encouraging filter or reject of) beans.rice.a.foo.com.

Ah, but that begs the question.

What I was asking a few messages back is why anyone who's actually
involved in running e-mail would care whether someone forged
beans.rice.a.foo.com.

I understand why someone in the legal department would want maximum
blanket everything, regardless of cost or feasibility, because that's
what they always want.  But do you know anyone who would treat mail
purporting to be from beans.rice.a.bigbank.com as being from
bigbank.com?  I don't.

R's,
John