Re: [ietf-dkim] Are subdomains like parent domains?

2008-04-29 08:21:18
But the problem is what goes in the From header of mails coming from
random.example.com? Those will be set by whatever MUA is running on that
secretary's machine which, if that machine was configured by the Secratary
herself, will most likely be left by default at random.example.com.

Indeed, that used to be a pretty common sloppy setup ten or fifteen
years ago, but few people use sendmail 8.x on our Sun 3's any more.

When's the last time you saw real mail (as opposed to spam using
ancient scraped addresses) with a From address like that?  Maybe I'm
just lucky, but I haven't seen any in a long time.

R's,
John