Re: [ietf-dkim] forward movement, please? (was RE: Are lookalike domains like parent domains?)

2008-05-01 15:24:42
I propose that the side advocating maintaining the NXDOMAIN check as
an actual algorithmic step agree to remove this from the algorithm
description in favor of placement somewhere else.

I'd be happy with this if I knew where the "somewhere else" is.  If
there was a domain existence check somewhere else that we could
reference, that's worth discussing.  But I know of no such reference.

Right, sorry.  I'm talking about some other place within the document.
Definitely not in some separate document.

Text which states that ADSP is to be applied only to Author Domains
which _actually exist in DNS_ would suffice since there's only one way
to determine whether that condition is meet.

The other question is what the existence check should consist of:  check
for an NXDOMAIN response or check for MX/A/AAAA which more precisely
defines mail domains?

Needs to be NXDOMAIN I suspect to avoid the cry "You're retasking
records for what they weren't meant to do."

Arvel