Re: [ietf-dkim] We need a BCP

2008-05-06 15:12:06
On 2008-06-05 3:14, Charles Lindsey wrote:

We need some means of saying "ADSP has defined what Senders may put in an
ADSP record. Here is what Verifiers are intended/expected to do with it",
but without using Normative Language for the Verifiers (since we cannot
even REQUIRE that they Verify at all, let alone do it any particular way).

If you don't like the term BCP because the practices we are proposing are
not yet "current", then let us use some other term implying
non-normativeness.

It seems as if this is something the IETF tends to be spectacularly bad at.
I agree that there's a need, but there are other organizations which might
be more suited to writing this particular document.

At least one of 'em is already considering it, but we're waiting for the
IETF to finish ADSP first.  Will that ever happen?

--
J.D. Falk
Return Path

Work with me!