[ietf-dkim] I-D.kucherawy-dkim-reporting

2008-06-16 01:41:33
Sometimes I wonder what the goal here is.

Why not ask me?

Looking into http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-reporting
it reinvents RFC 3834 without referencing it,

How?  RFC3834 is a series of recommendations for a set of related
scenarios, not a specific application.  It would make a great entry for my
References section though.

it has a reference to RFC 1894 obsoleted by RFC 3464 *five* years ago,

Interesting then that IDNits doesn't mention that at all, nor does
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1894.txt show it as obsolete.

and still talks about ASP instead of ADSP.

ADSP isn't a published draft yet.  When it publishes, I'll update.

Using [FWS] in DNS records is also broken by design, unless the goal is
"experimental" havoc.

I don't mind changing it to *WSP as the SSP draft has it if that's better.

In any case, thanks so much for being encouraging rather than taking the
easy passive-aggressive and condescending way out.