Re: [ietf-dkim] I-D.kucherawy-dkim-reporting

2008-06-16 01:53:38
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, ietf-dkim-request(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org wrote:
Adding to this, Murray Kucherawy's draft captures the i= (identity)
parameter and a worthless s= (selector) parameter.  The s= parameter
offers little value since the d= (key domain) parameter is missing. Only
the d= parameter (upon which the s= parameter rests) represents a domain
validated by a verified signature.

It's not worthless to an implementor or administrator interested in
figuring out why his/her mail isn't verifying properly.  Any developer
would love to have as much of the original data as possible to reconstruct
the failure scenario.

Not everything in this working group is about crypto and security.  We
implementors do sometimes think about other things.