Re: [ietf-dkim] RFC4871bis

2009-01-27 13:37:04
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-lists(_at_)cybernothing(_dot_)org> wrote:
It's irrelevant for purposes of spam filtering, but not for the equally
valid purpose of "is this message really from my grandma?"

(Or, more accurately, "is this message really from my grandma's email
address?")

1. Does her grandson run mailops at the receiver ISP?

2. Does the receiver ISP make finegrained control based on dkim sigs
part of the client experience for the user?  Webmail possibly but from
a toolbar?  And how do they stop it being gamed, how do they keep
state for millions of accounts, and then keep changing things around
when grandsom breaks up with one girlfriend, suddenly decides another
dude is a twit etc?

That's not layering trust as much as it becomes a gigantic social
networking site based on dkim, scaled large enough

--srs