Re: [ietf-dkim] Reading the entrails, was Moving to consensus

2009-03-23 08:32:36
On 3/23/09 1:03 AM, John Levine wrote:
I see no benefit whatsoever in using DKIM for blacklists.  But we need
to be careful to avoid automatically carrying the habits of blacklist
filtering into whitelist filtering.

This on its face seems like a very fair statement, and I agree with you
that we clearly have been living in a blacklist world.  But I am not
convinced that there is a white list world out there at this time.
There are too many virii and too many vulnerabilities to flip a good guy
to a bad guy extremely quickly.

Eliot