[ietf-dkim] errata revision: Assessor

2009-03-25 17:14:38
Folks,

The following is offered to prime the discussion/decision process for the one of
the pending Errata items, developed in the SF working group meeting. It reflects
what I heard as the gist of the group preference. Obviously, I might have
entirely misunderstood...

So, anything that permits progress is encouraged, such as "looks good", "change
x to y", and "replace the whole thing with this different chunk of text".  There
are no doubt other constructive responses, but this ought to establish the
tone...

"Old" refers to the Errata I-D; "New" is the proffered replacement.

8.  RFC4871 Section 2.11 Identity Assessor

     Old:
       The name of the module that consumes DKIM's primary payload, the
       responsible Signing Domain Identifier (SDID).  It can optionally
       consume the Agent or User Identifier (AUID) value, if provided to
       the module.

     New:
       The name of the module that consumes DKIM's mandatory payload, the
       responsible Signing Domain Identifier (SDID).  Other DKIM values
       can also be delivered this module; however this additional activity
       is outside the scope of the DKIM signature specification.

OK.  Start shooting.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker