Re: [ietf-dkim] Consensus points on "errata" draft from the IETF 74 meeting

2009-04-03 21:08:31

On Apr 3, 2009, at 3:30 PM, DKIM Chair wrote:

1. On the content, we hashed out a few things that needed tweaking,
and Dave has  already posted about these.  The response looks good.

The chairs note that Dave's proposed changes have rough consensus.
We understand that Dave has a new draft with the current version of
those changes ready to go. Since the changes have already been
agreed to, we think we do not need an explicit Working Group Last
Call on it.

Is this an errata?  What is the rush?  Why prevent the WG from
commenting on finalized changes?  It is not clear what now represents
"agreement" or "consensus".  Excluding any WG input might be overly
optimistic.

Dave, please post that, and we'll send it up to Pasi early next week
(when I have time to do a PROTO writeup on it).  The delay will also
give the WG a few days to give it a final check.

-Doug