Re: [ietf-dkim] Update of RFC4871 Appendix D. MUA Considerations (resent)

2009-04-09 15:28:10
J.D. Falk:
Siegel, Ellen wrote:

I agree with Doug's point here.  The problem is that the more I think
about it, the more I think it's a mistake for us to put MUA advice
into the standards-track documents, and I'm inclined, rather, to want
to remove what's there rather than to change it.
+1

  +1

+1

I don't completely agree with John, though -- I think this group /could/
come up with a fairly sane set of recommendations for MUA developers who
want to display information based on DKIM results, so long as we're careful
to confine it to what the results mean to end recipients and not get into
whether the buttons should be painted periwinkle or mauve -- but if we do,
it has to be a separate informational document.

+1

I agree with Doug/Ellen, and with JD except that our explanations
should target MUA developers, not recipients.

        Wietse