Re: [ietf-dkim] Update of RFC4871 Appendix D. MUA Considerations (resent)

2009-04-09 14:38:30

J.D. Falk wrote:
I don't completely agree with John, though -- I think this group /could/
come up with a fairly sane set of recommendations for MUA developers who
want to display information based on DKIM results, so long as we're careful
to confine it to what the results mean to end recipients and not get into
whether the buttons should be painted periwinkle or mauve -- but if we do,
it has to be a separate informational document.

1. There is a difference between explaining what results "mean" in terms of
information, versus what they mean to end users.  The latter would have to do
with human perception, psychology, blah blah blah.  We can do the former -- and
I think that could be useful.  As a group, the latter is what we should avoid.

2. Unless folks strongly object, I propose *not* changing the Errata/Update
text
about MUA, since the goal of the Update is to focus on other issues.  Rather, I
suggest we defer this more substantive issue with the MUA-related text to the
RFC4871bis effort.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker