Re: [ietf-dkim] Update of RFC4871 Appendix D. MUA Considerations (resent)

2009-04-09 19:59:10

On Apr 9, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

2. Unless folks strongly object, I propose *not* changing the Errata/
Update text about MUA, since the goal of the Update is to focus on
other issues.  Rather, I suggest we defer this more substantive
issue with the MUA-related text to the RFC4871bis effort.

This MUA consideration changes the role intended for the i= value.
Either include a statement about the i= value's possible role, or
remove the MUA considerations for later.  As currently stated, this
information is incorrect.  This might expose recipients to intra-
domain exploits when adopted as suggested.  A simple example of
possible confusion would be when the same domain hosts a mailing-list.

-Doug