Re: [ietf-dkim] Urgent: draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-10 and RFC 5451

2009-05-28 17:59:57
Barry Leiba wrote:
Pasi is putting draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-10 on the 4 June telechat.  But...

This version has added registry entries for RFC 5451
(Authentication-Results), which had been removed from that document to
avoid having its publication block on a reference-wait from ADSP.
Only, I can't find any discussion that the WG had about making that
change.

While I think this change will not likely fuel any controversy, we
can't publish this without having it approved by the working group.
So, ASAP, please:

1. If someone can find documentation of WG discussion about this, reply here.

To my knowledge, there was no WG discussion about this.  John Levine
pointed out the change to the co-editors of the draft on March 31,
noting that this makes the dependencies between RFC 5451 and ADSP match
the timing of their publication, and that this shouldn't be
controversial.  I agree.

2. If anyone objects to its inclusion (see sections 5.3 and 5.4 of
draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-10), reply here.

Just to be thorough, I'll point out that the new section 6.4 describes a
consideration that largely stems from RFC 5451 as well.

No objection.
3. A few "Yes, adding this is groovy," messages would be good and all.

Yes, adding this is groovy indeed.

-Jim