Re: [ietf-dkim] l= summary, as I see it

2009-05-30 13:12:19

Tony Hansen wrote:
But if *anyone* is signing with it, then it cannot be safely removed as
part of moving to Draft Standard. Then such a change would require
recycling back at Proposed Standard.

Tony,

This is a much more stringent rule for Draft than I recall hearing before.

I've done a quick review of some IETF docs and can't find such a rule.  Can you
point to anything about criteria for dropping features when going to Draft.
(In
general, this appears to need MUCH better documentation than now exists, but
perhaps I have forgotten some guidance that is already available.

While operational use is, of course, an issue, the premise behind dropping a
feature is that there is not enough use to warrant retention.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking