Re: [ietf-dkim] Modified Introduction text for rfc4871-errata (resend)

2009-06-15 06:40:18
Jim Fenton wrote:

Dave has proposed a change to the rfc4871-errata draft in response to a
concern from the IESG.  Can you clarify what concern the IESG has this
is attempting to address?  I'll repeat my original question below since
you may have missed it.

It's attempting to address Cullen's comment (about this being
competely incomprehensible to both him and three DKIM implementors he
asked) *and* comments from several other ADs (voiced during the IESG
telechat) that were similar to Cullen's (it's very hard to tell what
is being changed by this document, or who would be impacted by these
changes and should read the document).

Currently, Section 1 does attempt to briefly summarize the change,
explain why it's done and describe the consequences, but after
re-reading it now, I think these comments have some merit, and
slightly longer explanation would be very helpful to readers who
didn't participate in the DKIM WG discussions.

Best regards,
Pasi