Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-01 17:02:21
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Franck Martin
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:56 PM
To: J.D. Falk
Cc: IETF DKIM WG
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

Is the goal of a spec, the writing of the spec itself, or to tackle a
higher goal?

Are we forgetting the original objectives of DKIM, which was to reduce
spam?

How can one forget that which was never true to begin with?

The working group and its antecedents, as far as I'm aware, have always been
pretty adamant about the fact that reducing spam has never been one of its
goals.