Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM charter update proposal

2009-10-03 20:51:21
On Oct 3, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Bill Oxley wrote:

I would like cox.com to sign on behalf of a
customer a.com to z.com so a checker would lookup

a.com and see that the cox.com is the authorized
signer on behalf of z.com

Steve Atkins responded:

If a receiver receives an email with a selector of foo.cox and
a signing domain of z.com then the existence of a DNS record
like...

  cox._domainkey.z.com NS dkim.cox.com

... tells the recipient that cox.com is one of the authorized signers
for z.com, and that this particular message was signed by cox.com
on behalf of z.com.

If you wanted to make it more explicit that the signing was being
done by Cox there are several ways you could do it - my first
thought would be to add Signed-on-behalf-of: header that was
covered by the DKIM signature.

How is a.com involved in this solution?