Re: [ietf-dkim] The mystery of third party signatures

2009-10-07 17:00:13
On 10/7/09 1:36 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
On the other hand, I'd see nothing wrong if someone should want to
write a draft about mailing-list considerations, and propose it as a
working group item.  But I'd want to see it as a draft that we can
review, not just as a few ideas in an email message.

A third-party authorization/policy mechanism will not alter the base
DKIM specification.  I will be happy to clean up the old tpa draft for
something at which to throw darts.

In my prior email to Daniel, I meant to say that the simple label
approach is _uncertain_ of then imposing an unreasonable domain length
constraint.  Where as, the hashed label approach changes the reduction
that would be greater than 50%, to a reduction of less than 20%.  In
addition, these the limits would be obvious when authorizing any domain.

-Doug