Re: [ietf-dkim] The mystery of third party signatures

2009-10-07 17:12:18
Doug Otis wrote:

On 10/7/09 1:36 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
On the other hand, I'd see nothing wrong if someone should want to
write a draft about mailing-list considerations, and propose it as a
working group item.  But I'd want to see it as a draft that we can
review, not just as a few ideas in an email message.

A third-party authorization/policy mechanism will not alter the base
DKIM specification.  I will be happy to clean up the old tpa draft for
something at which to throw darts.

Why bother? These were never was a "few ideas in email messages" but
real drafts over the last few years.  There has been server write ups
DRAFT  on mailing list considerations.  There is nothing new here and
Barry has shown where he stands before and once again. As long as
Crocker and Levine don't believe in Policy, never did and never will,
it "ain't going anywhere" and Barry, no one, can't change that
unfortunately.

It is what it is.

In Other words, if not even RFC 5617 (ADSP) can be supported by its
author and the main "test bed" mailing list, mipassoc.org DOES NOT
RESPECT RFC 5617, then whats the point?

--
hls