Re: [ietf-dkim] Interesting Dupe Signatures

2009-11-02 13:19:37

You need two header and one body canonicalizations in that example.  And that
presumes there's no "l=", which creates another dimension in the matrix of
canonicalizations you need to run.

I don't see much benefit for saving the header hash, since it depends on
the order that the headers are listed in the h= header.

On the other hand, doing both the simple and relaxed body hashes in a pass
over the body would handle about 99.999% of the signatures that anyone
cares about.  I haven't seen many l= signatures, other than from Cisco,
and I don't think I've seen any where the l= didn't cover the whole
message.

R's,
John