Re: [ietf-dkim] Interesting Dupe Signatures

2009-11-02 18:36:16
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: HLS [mailto:sant9442(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of hector
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 11:00 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org; ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Interesting Dupe Signatures

Comparing public APIs, it appears DKIM-MFILTER is doing some reduction
  logic, but hard to read spaghetti code. :)

Hector,

I happily welcome constructive criticism, but if it's all the same to you,
I'd rather do without the cheap shots at open source work that has many
hundreds of hours of time invested by volunteers.  If you can do better,
you're cordially invited to contribute to the work.

Murray,

I am sorry if you were offended. I am also sorry, and the chairs
should take note, you took an off list discussion back to the list
with what appears to be a vain attempt at another cheap shot. "If I
can do better..."  don't you think that can be interpreted as
offensive as you did with "spaghetti."

As I stated off list, even though it wasn't my intent to criticize and
I even stated we have lots of "spaghetti" code developed over time,
which doesn't always mean its bad but time test engineered, I
understood that developers are sensitive to such things and that for I
apologize.

Apparently, even though you thanked me for the apology,  that wasn't
enough for you and wanted more!   You couldn't leave it there and not
waste any more bandwidth here with this nonsense?

As for an interest in contributing to OPENDKIM, please talk to SM if
did not cite interest in helping and also port the code to WIN32/64
when he first announced it.  I thought an "open dkim" project was
great to have a single single API for faster adoption.

Whether you agree or not, please respect my assessment.

After a quick review of the code, and I did begin to alter the headers
imports for portability, I saw making it single source would require
more time I was willing to provide at the time for this free effort.
Maybe over the Christmas/New Years holidays I will look at it again.

Thanks

---
HLS