Re: [ietf-dkim] IPR disclosures, was Collecting re-chartering questions

2010-01-25 11:55:19
1. Advance DKIM base to Draft Standard

I'd require Yahoo! Inc's IPR to be upgraded to the current GPL release
before that. (See https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/693/)

The reference to the GPL looks to me like it only covers the old
Sourceforge DK library, which I don't think anyone uses any more.  The
patent, which is what's important, is covered by a separate license
that Yahoo wrote.

Even if Yahoo were willing, this would involve negotiations with their
lawyers which always takes a long time.  What would be the advantage
to anyone of demanding license changes for obsolete code?

Signed,
Confused