Re: [ietf-dkim] Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-04-23 13:42:54
MH Michael Hammer (5304) wrote:

But are you (people we can have a reasonable expectation that we can
somewhat trust to act responsibly) the rule or are you the exception?

I think I tend to agree with Steve. Notify all parties that assert
responsibility. That would include the author domain signer as well as
the list if they wish to accept responsibility for mail they emit.

I suspect that's the right answer too. What is the downside anyway? Some
more
spurious ARF reports that you need to filter? It's not like you get out
of *that* work
under any circumstance.

That and telling lists what they MUST do as John has pointed out over
and over
and over is an exercise in futility. Even if he got his way here,
nothing would change
operationally.

Mike