Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-11 05:35:40

--On 10 May 2010 15:24:05 -0700 Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On May 10, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I’ve posted an individual submission draft that attempts to capture
some of the consensus and some appropriate guidance around the use of
DKIM in the context of mailing lists.  I don’t propose that it’s
final at all, but merely an anchor point for further discussion.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dkim-lists/

Looks good.

What's described there as an "authoring" mailing list manager isn't
really what I think of as a mailing list, and there's not that much to
say about it compared with the other sorts discussed. If it simplified
things it could be dropped without affecting the rest of the document, I
think.

It's just another MSA, isn't it? Granted, one can often use an MLM for
announcements only, but those would not fit into this category for purposes
of the present discussion. I agree that this type of list manager isn't
really relevant here, because it's not going to break any DKIM signatures.
However, a statement to that effect would not hurt. And, it should be made
clear that we're NOT talking about a "resending MLM" used as an
announcement list (ie, with a very restricted list of permitted senders).

Cheers,
  Steve

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex