Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-11 12:13:45
-----Original Message-----
From: McDowell, Brett [mailto:bmcdowell(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:51 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

I'm an IETF newbie, so correct me if I'm wrong.  But it seems you are
only asking the binary question of whether the WG is willing to add
this deliverable to it's scope, with your draft as a strawman, and you
acting as the editor.  You are not asking us if we have rough consensus
on the contents of the document in its current form.  Correct?

Yes, that's right.  (And I'm not sure you meant "strawman" so much as
"skeleton"...)

From what I see on the list, there is clear consensus that this
document should be produced as a WG document (which I support as well).
So can we consider that question closed?

That's up to the chairs, but I suspect we have enough agreement to move
forward.  There is the incomplete matter of re-chartering though.

Now that it's a WG document, what's the review process... do we just
chime in with comments and suggested edits on this thread?

Once it's official, I'll go back and plow through the huge recent threads about
DKIM and lists and try to distill things the document needs, as well as
soliciting feedback explicitly.  You're welcome to start commenting right away
if you like.  (Everybody else has!)

-MSK