Re: [ietf-dkim] Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-18 01:10:50
    A DKIM-aware resending MLM is encouraged to sign the entire message
    as it arrived, especially including the original signatures.

Would I as an MLM want to resign a message that I received that itself
was not signed?  Do I want to confer more authority to that message than
is warranted?

Yes, of course.  The signature means that this message really truly
came from the mailing list, as opposed to being a random piece of spam
that happened to resemble list mail.  What else would it mean?  Lists
have never promised that the original sender was "real" nor that
messages aren't edited on the way through.

I like Murray's draft, and I hope that we can resist the urge to add
vast amounts of non-productive complication to it.

R's,
John