Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP, was Lists "BCP" draft available

2010-05-25 18:48:20
On 5/25/10 4:18 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
Like I said, "throw away anything that doesn't have our signature" has
some chance of broad adoption.  Every extra word you add to the message
makes it less likely that people will do it.

"Don't deliver" rather than "throw it away" retains email integrity with
feedback necessary for ceasing abusive sources.

For example, what prevents ISPs from publishing bogus PTR records in
their reverse DNS entries?

Removing uncertainty of non-compliance better ensures how reports of
abuse will be handled.  Uncertainty is caused by not allowing domains a
means to unilaterally make exceptions on their behalf.  The information
such an exception mechanism provides better conform to current email
infrastructure, and will be safer to act upon.

-Doug