Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00 (fwd)

2010-07-26 10:54:16
As we all know, admins can and do screw up anything, but with most
mistakes, the damage directly affects them.  If you screw up your MX,
your own incoming mail won't work.  If you screw up your ADSP, your
mail will work fine, while other people's mail systems will
mysteriously lose mail.

This is such a bizarre take. If my web server starts putting out 500
internal errors because of misconfiguration, the clients "lose" their
http content too. That most certainly directly affects my http server
just like it does mail: I'm not putting those servers out on the net
for giggles, it's because I *want* my content to be distributed.
So the argument that there is not fate sharing is bogus on its face.

If mail operators can't be bothered to configure mail correctly, it's
their problem. They shouldn't be mollycoddled because that just encourages
more bad behavior.

Mike