Re: [ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00 (fwd)

2010-07-28 04:31:02
On 7/27/10 5:35 PM, John Levine wrote:
Mailing lists are a separate issue.  I don't think it's helpful for a
3rd party to vouch that lists are lists, and that's not what John's
draft does.

The goal of my draft was to provide a way publish lists of domains for
which there is a net benefit to the recipient from dropping unsigned
mail.  I believe this is what people want from ADSP, but it can't
provide for reasons we needn't rehash.

Rather than the Author Domain making an ADSP assertion, the Author
Domain instead subscribes to a vouching service where ADSP is therefore
ignored or over ruled?  Does this mean Author Domains are unwilling to
publish "discardable", whereas a vouching service would be?

Why is a vouching service in a better position to make a decision that
are in conflict with what the Author Domain would have or has
published?  What makes this a hard decision?  It seems this will result
in denying use of any informal third-party service.

-Doug