Re: [ietf-dkim] Clarifying DKIM (etc.) expectations for mailing lists in the face of digests

2010-08-04 16:13:28

On 8/4/2010 2:01 PM, John Levine wrote:
There's a scenario where a spammer/phisher sets up a mailing list,
I don't see how this poses any new problems.

More to the point is that this attack does not appear to be relevant to the
question I asked.

Phrased differently, the question I am asking is:

    A mailing list digest does not preserve DKIM signatures from (any of) the
original messages, and this appears to be acceptable to the community.

    Given that, why is it important to have those same signatures preserved, on
the whim of a recipient's happening to decide to receive postings one at a time?

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking